Friday, November 20, 2009

I need hobbies!!!!

Well, actually, I have found one or two. I'm getting into the Christmas spirit this year a little bit earlier than usual, and I'm feeling crafty. So I decided to make a Christmas wreath. As with my usual endeavors, I bought a ton of stuff and hoped that I'd follow through and actually use most of it - and it looks like I'm going to this time!

I started out with a wooden wreath, then bought some greenery to put on it. I did it this way because I wanted to be able to say I really made one from scratch. Then I bought about 20 little odds and ends to go on the wreath. (I had to buy that many because I didn't know where my creativity would take me...) ;-)

Anyway, I don't have a picture of the bare bones wooden wreath, because I wasn't sure I was going to document this little endeavor, but I do have the rest of the steps:

Step 1 - This was actually the hardest part, getting all of the garland (or whatever it's called) wrapped around and fastened to the wood.


Step 2:

Final product:


Now, since I've got so much stuff left over, I'm going to make one for some friends! And after that, it's on to homemade stockings! I love being creative. :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Looks great!! You can make me one too :)