Sunday, November 22, 2009

A day in the park

I've been pretty lazy this weekend, considering. (I say that, I did 5 loads of laundry and vacuumed, so I wasn't that lazy.) But still. All of the Christmas shopping I was hoping to get done this weekend flew right out the window. And it was a GREAT weekend. Lots of 'me' time, solitude, etc.

Anyway, so today I thought I'd get up off my lazy patoot and take the dog to the dog park. I mean, I could've stayed home with him and played fetch 15 bazillion times, but I thought Why Not?

I wasn't able to get any pictures of Gus while he was at the dog park, because I was chasing him around the whole time and trying to keep him out of the ONE mudhole (unsuccessfully, I might add). But I did stop to snap a pic of him after we got home.

I love what the dog park does to him!!!

He's been in his bed since we've been home, with no whining and no playing fetch a thousand times. Believe me people, wearing your dog out is so worth it.

Even if I did get peed on. By a dog that looked like this:

As sucky as that may sound, I am really glad I wasn't on the other end, i.e., the parents of that dog. I think that would have been more embarrassing.

No comments: