Thursday, October 29, 2009

Good news

'Round here, it seems good news is typically accompanied by bad news. At least lately anyway.

My husband's job schedule has changed almost daily, it seems, since he left on October 19 to go to work on the rig. I've seen him once since then, and was sick with a stomach virus and fever for the 18 or so hours he was at home. He was supposed to, like, for sure come home this Saturday, but I found out today that that isn't going to happen either.

I don't know when he'll be home.

It's hard, but I am managing. We've done the 2-weeks-on, 2-weeks-off thing before, and I think this time around will be easier. I told him today that I think our relationship is being tested. I refuse to be tempted with anger and frustration, to be mad at him for something he cannot control, or to be crippled with sadness. I've been down that road before, and it's only like taking one step forward and two steps back.

This time is going to be different. We are strong people. We have a strong relationship. It will get better. We will endure.

This, too, shall pass.

No comments: