Wednesday, October 21, 2009

No more playing fetch in the house!

It's official. I have nothing else to talk about other than my dog. Actually, it's a pretty embarrassing story. You see, sometimes, as parents - because let's face it, I consider myself one - we allow our children to do things that under normal circumstances we wouldn't let them do. It's just, I had a long day and well, I'm tired and I want to put my feet up and rest awhile. Sorry, buddy.

So I give a dog a ball.


We usually only play with balls outside when we're playing fetch; otherwise, they turn into pieces of balls, if you get my drift. But sometimes, it's worth the peace and quiet. That is, until said puppy comes to you with those big, brown, puppy-dog eyes and spits the ball out onto your lap. Then, you just have to play with him.

(INSERT CLEVER LINE HERE ABOUT GOING OUTSIDE TO PLAY FETCH.)

So, you pick up the ball and throw it across the floor a few times. Then you get brave and begin throwing it down the hallway. And you're thinking, "Great; it's a win-win. Dog gets exercised and I don't even have to get out of my chair! I'm so awesome!" Until.


The sconce with the candle that was once hanging on the wall...

Is now broken into pieces and beyond repair on the floor.

And the poor, innocent little puppy who just wanted someone to play ball with?

I think the picture says it all.

No comments: