Thursday, September 24, 2009

Growth spurt

The past couple of weeks have been pretty trying on my patience and my tolerance. Instead of getting mad - or, scratch that. Instead of letting myself stay mad, I am choosing to let go and focus on staying the course.

You see, this past week, I've been targeted and judged unfairly. In the recent past, when this has happened, I would get so infuriated that it was unhealthy. I couldn't think straight, I couldn't focus: All I could think about was this unfair treatment that infuriated me. I would be so mad that I was afraid of myself, not really in a bad way, but I just knew that this behavior wasn't healthy. This time, however, I am trying to see the instance as an opportunity for growth. An opportunity to work on something that I know I've been needing to work on anyway. And it still infuriates me. But I'm trying to teach myself how to be more tolerant and more patient. I think this is a real learning point for me right now... if I can just get through it! :-)

No comments: