Thursday, August 6, 2009

Prayers Needed

I got to work this morning and opened up my computer, did my usual routine, and checked a friend's blog, and was hit like a ton of bricks. My friend Jodie and her husband have been trying to get pregnant for two years now. Luckily, with the help of in vitro, they were able to conceive twins. She gave birth to two boys earlier this week. They had known that one would be born with special needs, but did not fully know the extent of his disability. They were informed yesterday that little Eli would not have quality of life and were faced with a tough decision to remove him from life support. What a very difficult decision for a 25 year old mother to have to make. I can't imagine what her and her husband are going through, but I would ask that you pray for them during this journey. They are a very faithful couple, and they have been through several setbacks during their baby journey already, and I know that they will pull through this as well. Granted, I don't know how, but I know they will. I am just praying for this storm that they are going through to calm down, and for them to be able to enjoy their lives and have their dream of having a family. I love them dearly and this just breaks my heart.

No comments: