Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Wedding

Well, I lied. I don't want to continue my previous post. I'm feeling better and not having bad dreams every other night, so I don't want to.

Instead, I want to talk about something fun! I haven't done a post-wedding blog, but let me just say it's likely because I have been trying to take it easy. I am so glad the wedding went well, and really glad that it's over with, because now it gives us reason to talk about things other than the wedding, which is nice for a change.

But back to the wedding, for now. Everything seemed to go off without a hitch. I think part of it was because I had just decided that I wasn't going to let the little things get to me anymore, but most of it was because I had really, really good bridesmaids. Even the night before the wedding when I told them I didn't care whether or not the arch had flowers on it or not, they went out of their way to go get some and decorate the arch the day of the wedding. I'll admit, it looked a lot better decorated than not. Everyone worked together really well, and even my parents, who sometimes can't stand each other, held it together for my sake, and my younger sister even helped out. Not to mention my cousins from Texas who came in early and were ROCK STARS at getting the food area set up and everything in order. I honestly didn't realize how much I needed them there, but I'm sure glad they were!

I've heard from more than one person who was there that I was the calmest bride they had ever seen. I took that as a compliment. I had always hoped I would not be a crazy bride. :-)

But when I look back at the 1,000+ pictures that were taken, the most common theme in all of them of me is that I was smiling. And not just cheesing for the camera, but really, honestly, full-on huge smiling. That's the part that I'll take away and cherish. I was and always have been so happy with Mike.

No comments: