Tuesday, April 13, 2010

March of the ... whaaaaaat?

No, I'm not talking about March of the Penguins. But I am talking about a penguin.

I had a dream the other night that has stuck with me for some odd reason. I usually have pretty weird, vivid dreams. Par for the course, I guess. But I don't think much of them after I wake up (aside from "That was weird").

Imagine this:

Me, Mike and Gus are at a county fair. Only it's in someone's trailer house and I don't ever see any rides or anything. So we're coming up a long, narrow hallway and we see a penguin walking in front of us. We try to grab Gus before he runs after the penguin, but it's one of those things that you see happening in slow motion... like you try to stop it but it's just too late. Fast forward. Gus attacks the penguin and tears his head off. Blood gets on the wall of whoever's trailer we are at. I feel sorry for the penguin, yet at the same time I frantically and quietly (if that's possible) walk back down the hallway and try to clean up the blood before the people who own the trailer see it. I feel sorry for the penguin again, but it's now dead and outside. Thanks, Mike, for taking care of that.  We leave before anyone sees us and gets mad.

I've been laughing at this dream all week for so many reasons. A) When do I ever think of penguins? B) Gus eating a penguin?! It would have been normal if it were a squirrel or bird or even a cat that I dreamed of, but a penguin?! 

Come to think of it, it's actually kind of morbid now that I think of it. Definitely tops the chart of one of the craziest dreams I've ever had.

No comments: