Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Wedding planning .... Woohoo!!!!

Well, not exactly. While I am excited about getting married, planning the wedding has got me really stressing out. Every time I try to plan something, I think of something else that we're gonna have to do. You know, I'm pretty good at details, but when I think about having to plan to rent chairs and decorate reception tables it makes me crazy! It's amazing what all goes into planning a wedding - and I want ours to be simple! It's amazing how much money one can spend when planning this sort of thing, too!

Which is why I've decided to check into hiring a wedding planner. When I think of my wedding day, I view it as calm, serene, and solid - not stressed out, worried about caterers and flowers and photographers and musicians, not to mention getting myself ready. I'm hoping that a planner will be within the price range that I want to spend, because having one would really ease my stress level for the next 6 months. I know I have friends who are willing to help me - and have already helped so much - but there are still things that only I am going to be able to do. I just don't feel like I should be stressed out with my own wedding. I want to look forward to that day, not dread it because there are so many things that have to be done.

No comments: