Monday, July 5, 2010

A Letter to Baby

Dear Baby,

Words cannot begin to express how overcome with joy I am that you are really here. I think it has finally hit me that I am going to be a mother. I already love you so much, I can't imagine being able to love you even more once you get here, but I know I will. What an overwhelming feeling!

I think it is starting to hit your Daddy, too, that you are really alive. He got to hear your heartbeat for the first time the other day, and you should have seen the smile on his face. Later that night, when he was tucking me in, he kissed you goodnight. It was the sweetest thing. He asked me if I thought he would be a good dad, and I said absolutely. I have no doubts about him whatsoever.

Oh, Baby, how you will change things for us. But I believe you will change them for the better. There won't be a day that goes by that we will regret bringing you here. You're already changing us, and I love you for that.

I'm pretty sure I felt you move for the first time yesterday. What a surreal feeling. I wish your daddy could have felt it too, but I'm sure there will be many more times that he will, and I look forward to them.

I love you.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Awh! So sweet! Get ready for some awesome belly rumblings! I really miss Kahlan moving inside the belly.

samantha.p.friedman said...

Precious Stacy!